A Forum on Mediation in the GCC and the Development of Investor State (IS) Mediation is set to take place on 14 October 2018, in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The UAE has been an Observer to the Energy Charter Conference since the summer of 2017.
This forum will, through interactive panels and a mock mediation:
- review the adoption of mediation in the Gulf Region
- analyse how to make mediation more relevant in the Region
- explore the developing impact of mediation on the resolution of IS disputes
- discuss the challenges to mediating IS disputes and possible solutions
- observe mediation in action with a mock IS mediation session
The Forum's speakers will be drawn from the major institutions involved in developing IS mediation, together with corporate investors and state representatives.
Further details, including the invitation and the full programme of speakers, will be released shortly.