Call for energy efficiency experts to join a Peer Review Mission to Baku, Azerbaijan on 16-19 September 2019
The International Energy Charter is conducting an in-depth energy efficiency review of Azerbaijan. The Secretariat seeks energy efficiency experts from Contracting Parties of the Energy Charter Protocol on Energy Efficiency and Related Environmental Aspects (PEEREA) to join its mission team. The peer review mission will be done back to back with the first meeting of the Inter-Ministerial working group for the NEAAP development, organised by the EU4Energy Governance project. The draft agenda of the Peer review mission is available here.
Experts must have several years experience of developing and/or implementing National Energy Efficiency Action Plans (NEEAPs). Experts’ knowledge must be sufficiently broad in order to be able to contribute constructively to most aspects of the review, which has a standard format and is broad in scope.
The responsibilities of members of the mission team include the following:
- Review the draft in-depth energy efficiency review report, which will provide background information and the starting point for the review. The report is drafted by the Energy Charter Secretariat using data available and with the assistance of a secondee from Azerbaijan.
- Participate actively in the mission to Baku, 16-19 September, by engaging in pre-arranged and facilitated meetings with key stakeholders including government ministries, agencies, regulators, system operators, utilities, public and private companies, financial institutions, NGOs, international organisations. The meetings will give stakeholders of Azerbaijan the opportunity to provide information and for mission experts to explore the challenges and ask questions with the objective of developing recommendations.
- Present country’s experience in developing and implementing NEEAPs during the Inter-ministerial Working Group.
- Agree recommendations with other members of the mission team.
- Review the final report, including recommendations, to be published by the end of 2019.
Expenses are covered subject to budget and eligibility of the Contracting Party.
If interested in the opportunity, please contact Mr. Oleksandr ANTONENKO at email@example.com along with an up to date curriculum vitae by the 16th of August 2019.