Croatia is adapting its energy legislation to relevant European Union Directives, also in the field of energy efficiency and renewable energy. While specific legislation and regulation in these areas have been initiated, many of the proposals still await adoption and implementation.
Based on the findings of the review team, this report provides a series of recommendations to the government of Croatia, which - in addition to general recommendations - relate to areas like:
- energy efficiency policies, strategies and programmes;
- the legal, regulatory and institutional frameworks of energy efficiency;
- energy market and prices;
- energy efficiency funding and fiscal policies;
- specific programmes and instruments;
- cogeneration, district heating and renewables;
- data collection and monitoring;
- information and awareness, and energy efficiency and environmental policies.
The In-Depth Review of Energy Efficiency Policies and Programmes of Croatia is available in English.